3 way with hypex SB acoustics and peerless

Started by yoke, January 31, 2021, 05:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoke

Hi all
this is my system based on rPi3 (volumio) > Analog Precision DSP first generation with ES9028 > hypex NC252MP for peerless XLS10 / hypex NC250MP for Satori 16P / NC100HF for Satori BE

The sound is great !!!

Crossover points are like 100-120Hz LR4 betwin XLS and 16P and 2400Hz LR2 betwin 16P and BE.
There is Linkwitz transform on XLS10 and that's all, just a plain LR4 and 2LR.

And a couple pictures of building process.

josip katalinic harm01.jpg

josip katalinic harm02.jpg

josip katalinic harm03.jpg

josip katalinic harm04.jpg

josip katalinic harm05.jpg

josip katalinic harm06.jpg

josip katalinic harm07.jpg

josip katalinic harm08.jpg

yoke

And here is how I setup Linkwitz transform for Peerless XLS 10

LInkwitz XLS 10.jpg

linkwitz to miniDSP.jpg

linkwitz from miniDSP to audiowever.jpg

audiowever graf after save.jpg

MichaelH

Excellent job there Yoke. Nothing like doing it yourself better than the big names can do it.
Nothing to see here. Move along

yoke

Thanks Michael ;)

I'm thinking, maybe, to make some 4 way...but...just maybe...will see

Those do sound really, really nice ;)

By the way, I haven't  got any notification on email about your replay...

MichaelH

You have to click the notify button at the top right of the thread.
Nothing to see here. Move along

spiner

b0       1      1.0046
b1       2     -1.9967
b2       3      0.99215
b1       4     -1.9967
a2       5     - 0.99673

Why is the coefficient b1 entered twice on the matrix?   

yoke

Hi Spiner
please take a look at this, it mide clear some thing ;)

https://dspconcepts.com/forums/feature-requests-and-bug-reports/198-analog-biquad-filter-and-prewarp-frequency

You have to copy/paste full number from minidsp calculator into audioweaver
once pasted audioweaver ''round'' that number
so it mide look like there is two times b1 but it's a1 in place.

Now, audio weaver does ''calculate'' with 0,454543125454542125454 but it will show 0,45454
If you round that number by your self and anter only 0, + 5 digits you will get false result
so you will have to copy 0,+ all the rest od digits to get right result (just use copy/paste).

hope I explain this right ;)

spiner

Greetings Yoke:
I took a second look at the coefficient generator from DSP, they have 15 digits after the decimal point.
a1 and b1 are exactly the same except they have opposite signs at freq.=20Hz , Q= 0.2 and Fs=18.1 Hz.

I used CSVed to import the numbers.
And I have not found what is the proper order, I have used the following list order:
b0=1
b1=2
b2=3
a1=4
a2=5

I tried the biquad in an effort to boost 20Hz-120Hz frequencies and the biquad made no difference.
A scaler module  did work at the expense of bad distortion .
The volume module is useless.
My solution to bringing low frequencies to the forefront is to send the low frequencies from the ultimate preamplifer to a second preamplifer (Nikko Beta 1).

May I ask what is it you are trying to achieve with your biquad?
I noticed you are doing it on mid and upper frequencies.
                                                                                                                                           spiner.

yoke

Hi Spiner

Those are near field measurements of XLS 10 after I apply those setings

My goal is to boost, apply linkwitz transform, at lower end, I manage to do that.

You did read Davids posta about
"The a1 and a2 coefficients need to be negated"

So the result that you get for those coefficients you need to "reverse" them. If thay are positive you should make them negative (-0.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)....
If thay are negative you should make them positive ;)

You could write which model of driver/speaker you are useing and maybe I could run that via software ?

sub na blizu.jpg

yoke

Quote from: spiner on July 28, 2021, 03:22:48 AM

I took a second look at the coefficient generator from DSP, they have 15 digits after the decimal point.
a1 and b1 are exactly the same except they have opposite signs at freq.=20Hz , Q= 0.2 and Fs=18.1 Hz.

In my case thay are not the sime
a1 is different then b1

Quote from: spiner on July 28, 2021, 03:22:48 AM

I used CSVed to import the numbers.
And I have not found what is the proper order, I have used the following list order:
b0=1
b1=2
b2=3
a1=4
a2=5
                                                                                                                                           spiner.

I use copy/paste
copy from excel (whole number, all digits) and paste into audioweaver

and negate a1 and a2

b0=1
b1=2
b2=3
a1= -(4)
a2= -(5)

And you have to first negate numbers, then copy and paste !

Audioweaver will show rounded numbers and you can't edit them ''by hand'', if you do so it will mess thing up...I think ;)

you can check results by right click on block, show graph or something like that...

spiner

Greetings Yoke:

I'm using Peerless XLS 12" 830500 subwoofer sealed on a cubic foot enclosure with Kenwood L07-M amplifiers.
I did read about David having changed signs,thank you for providing the  list order and signs.
                                                                                                                                                         spiner