News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Stereonet buys RADAR

Started by MichaelH, February 06, 2023, 01:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelH

Rushton has bought a RADAR to detect members who don't comply with his rules. It's all about shutting down the Willsenton thread that has over 300 pages as its detracting from his paying sponsors. This must be killing him that this amplifier has gained the audience it has, ALL FOR FREE. I hope people keep it up.

image_2023_02_05T01_14_05_550Z.png
Nothing to see here. Move along

MichaelH

Stereonet sells RADAR and goes into stealth mode as Rushton now resorts to using his female intuition to detect sarcasm which is now banned. He must be having his period this week.

image_2023_02_06T01_21_19_975Z.png

Tranquility Bass

Quote from: MichaelH on February 06, 2023, 01:22:00 PM
Rushton has bought a RADAR to detect members who don't comply with his rules. It's all about shutting down the Willsenton thread that has over 300 pages as its detracting from his paying sponsors. This must be killing him that this amplifier has gained the audience it has, ALL FOR FREE. I hope people keep it up.

[attachment id=1 msg=615]

Stereonet should be renamed "Willsenton Audio". The brand doesn't even appear in the brands list but doesn't have too. They got 300 or more pages of free plugs and advertising which is unprecedented for a forum that heavily polices self promotion of any local brand. :(

Ironically there is a review of the Audio Research i/50 integrated valve amp on the same forum which is pretty much a similar product to the Willsenton Audio except it sells for $10k vs $1500 for the Willsenton Audio. For the price Audio Research are charging for the phono preamp option alone you can have one Willsenton Audio integrated amp ! Go figure.

Once the chinese start making these products it then becomes a race to the bottom which is why I am hesitant to get involved at this level anymore and focusing my efforts elsewhere. I have seen it happen with DAC's, preamps, amps, DSP etc

It's too bad that he killed off the local industry by pitting one vendor against another and watching them fall like dominoes. They all but died under his watch and he thought he was on the gravy train with his advertising bureau plugging selected imported brands and now the chinaman is stealing away market share of those brands by stealth and right under his nose too. It's a case of what goes around comes around ;)

cheers
david

MichaelH

He needs to change out his nightie when he writes stuff.

Tranquility Bass

Quite amazing isn't it. All of that effort to stamp out self promotion on his forum to protect his paying sponsors whilst Wilsenten Audio gets 320 pages given to them on a platter without even trying. Even when someone else started a thread on your product he would eventually put the hard word on you to cough up for a sponsorship but I don't think this happened to Willsenten. You just can't make this stuff up :D

Ausie aussie aussie oi oi oi !!

MichaelH

Rushton has taken all the warnings down now. Maybe his underlings told him how much of a (insert your own words here) he looks when he does those warnings and things when he is still wearing his nightie after getting out of his princess bed.

MichaelH

Now over 350 pages. Quite possibly the biggest thread on his forum now. He must be hating the fact he can't delete or censor it.

Tranquility Bass

Quote from: MichaelH on March 27, 2023, 10:43:30 AM
Now over 350 pages. Quite possibly the biggest thread on his forum now. He must be hating the fact he can't delete or censor it.

He could but that would go against his claim of it being a 'hifi community' :D LOL

Tranquility Bass

Quote from: Tranquility Bass on February 06, 2023, 02:05:28 PM
Quote from: MichaelH on February 06, 2023, 01:22:00 PMRushton has bought a RADAR to detect members who don't comply with his rules. It's all about shutting down the Willsenton thread that has over 300 pages as its detracting from his paying sponsors. This must be killing him that this amplifier has gained the audience it has, ALL FOR FREE. I hope people keep it up.

[attachment id=1 msg=615]

Stereonet should be renamed "Willsenton Audio". The brand doesn't even appear in the brands list but doesn't have too. They got 300 or more pages of free plugs and advertising which is unprecedented for a forum that heavily polices self promotion of any local brand. :(

Ironically there is a review of the Audio Research i/50 integrated valve amp on the same forum which is pretty much a similar product to the Willsenton Audio except it sells for $10k vs $1500 for the Willsenton Audio. For the price Audio Research are charging for the phono preamp option alone you can have one Willsenton Audio integrated amp ! Go figure.

Once the chinese start making these products it then becomes a race to the bottom which is why I am hesitant to get involved at this level anymore and focusing my efforts elsewhere. I have seen it happen with DAC's, preamps, amps, DSP etc

It's too bad that he killed off the local industry by pitting one vendor against another and watching them fall like dominoes. They all but died under his watch and he thought he was on the gravy train with his advertising bureau plugging selected imported brands and now the chinaman is stealing away market share of those brands by stealth and right under his nose too. It's a case of what goes around comes around ;)

cheers
david

I must have predicted this. Audio Research now in receivership. Once the chinese got involved in valve amps it then became a race to the bottom. $9000 ARC integrated amp vs $1500 Willsenton Audio integrated amp. It didn't take a rocket scientist to predict who was going to win this race ??

QuoteIt would appear that in the past week in the State of Minnesota District Court, County of Hennepin Fourth Judicial District, the Audio Research Company has assigned its debts and assets (sic) to the Lightwave Management Group in Minnesota. They specialize in turnaround/bankruptcy and financial crisis management.

Interesting that these papers were filed just about a week after AXPONA 2023 was over.

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/whither-audio-research.36751/

QuoteI reviewed the Assignment filed on April 4 in state court. Audio Research voluntarily agreed to assign all of its assets to a receiver, Lighthouse Management Group, Inc. Lighthouse Management is in the business of working with troubled businesses and regularly acts as a receiver. This process is an alternative to a bankruptcy filing in federal bankruptcy court; however, any three creditors can seek to place Audio Research into an involuntary Chapter 7 bankruptcy in federal bankruptcy court. This might occur if three creditors do not trust the process or the company's strategy in state court. Schedule B attached to the Assignment is 31-page, single-spaced list of creditors which includes many familiar names in the audio industry. The job of the receiver is to liquidate the assigned assets, collect all proceeds, pursue any claims, pay and discharge all expenses of the liquidation, and then pay and discharge (to the extent of available funds) all debts and liabilities of Audio Research. Sufficient funds may or may not be available depending on the sale proceeds and the amount of the debt. Unlike a bankruptcy filing, there is no statement of the amount of the debt in the state court filing.

The receiver has complete control and power of attorney over the assets of Audio Research. It is likely that, to maximize proceeds, the receiver will seek to sell the entirety of the assets and business (including goodwill) as a going concern; if that effort is successful, the business may continue under the ownership of the buyer. It is also possible that Audio Research already has a transaction agreed upon in place for the sale of its assets and business (including goodwill) as a going concern to a “white knight� and the filing with state court is intended to facilitate that transaction without an involuntary bankruptcy filing. I expect that Audio Research has already been (or soon will be) communicating with creditors. The argument will be that the “white knight� buyer will only contribute funds if Audio Research is not forced into bankruptcy and a bankruptcy will yield far less value for creditors.