Model Information

Started by Tranquility Bass, October 20, 2023, 09:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tranquility Bass

DAL SC-V

With performance exceeded only by DAL’s flagship SC-VI loudspeaker, the SC-V is truly without peer in the marketplace. Like the SC-VI, the SC-V stands alone in it’s ability to accurately reproduce even the most difficult, complex, and demanding musical passages.

The design of the SC-V was accomplished by competent engineering personnel while measuring virtually every relevant performance parameter that relates to the reproduction of sound. This results in a four way system capable of outperforming other speakers that cost five or six times the price. Starting at only $14,995.00 per pair (US suggested retail), the SC-V truly represents a price to performance ratio that is unmatched in the industry.

The unsurpassed performance of the SC-V is traceable to the meticulous attention given to the design goals such as extremely flat amplitude and phase response, incredibly low distortion, true phase coherency, simulated point source radiation, inaudible cabinet diffraction, symmetrical radiation patterns, broad vertical/horizontal dispersion, and precise pair matching. The optimally damped and sealed enclosure of the SC-V yields very natural and life-like reproduction of the full audible frequency spectrum.

If owning an SC-VI is like owning the "perfect car", owning the SC-V is like owning the same car with only five less horsepower and having to pay just half the price.

"John Dunlavy has done it again...the sound from the 300 lb. SC-V’s was, in my opinion, the overall Best at a Show that had no shortage of great sounding speakers."
      - Robert Deutsch; Stereophile

"My nomination for "Best Sound at the Show" is the Dunlavy SC-V’s. The system was world-class: effortless, large, airy, focused, palpable, timbrally a pleasure, and exhibiting that certain je ne sais quoi."
      - Jonathan Scull; Stereophile

"The SC-V's provided as much - and musically right - detail as I have heard from any speakers. I was so impressed that I have bought them to use as additional reference speakers."
      - Anthony Cordesman, Audio

Electrical Specifications

Amplitude/Frequency Response: 
On-axis +/- 1.5 dB from 20 - 20,000 Hz

Efficiency: Approximately 91 dB SPL at 1 meter for an input of 2.83 Volts RMS

Impedance: Nominal 4 Ohms (3 Ohms min. & 5.5 Ohms max.)

Drivers: Two 12" magnesium basket, Woofers, two 6.5" magnesium basket, high damping rubber surround polycone Mid-bass, two 3" magnesium basket, high damping rubber surround Mid-range and one 1" silk dome Tweeter

Physical Specifications

Size:
 (approximate) 75" high X 15"wide X 27" deep

Weight: (approximate) 330 lbs. each.

SC-V Frequency Response

SC-V Impulse Response

SC-V Step Response

SC-V Time Delay Spectral Response

SC-V Impedance