Hypex NC252MP Power Sweeps and Distortion Measurements

Started by Tranquility Bass, August 15, 2020, 03:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tranquility Bass

And now for the Hypex NC252MP Ncore power amp measurements. The Ultimate amplifier uses two of these modules to give 4 channels of additional amplification. The name plate rating of these amps are 250 and 200 watts into 4 and 8 ohms respectively @1% THD. We measured the power to be 306 and 159 watts into 4 ohms and 8 ohms respectively at 1kHz and 1% THD. Whilst the 8 ohm power measurement is down on the manufacturers name plate rating the doubling down of power into 4 ohms shows how well regulated the switch mode power supplies are.  ;)

Hypex NC252MP THD+N vs Power @ 1kHz into 4 ohms, Single Channel Driven

NC252-THD+N@1KHz vs Amplitude-4ohms.png

Hypex NC252MP Power at 1%THD @ 1kHz into 4 ohms, Single Channel Driven

dScope-NC252-1KHz-1%-THD-4ohms.png

Hypex NC252MP THD+N vs Power @ 1kHz into 8 ohms, Single Channel Driven

NC252-THD+N@1KHz vs Amplitude-8ohms.png

Hypex NC252MP Power at 1%THD @ 1kHz into 8 ohms, Single Channel Driven

dScope-NC252-1KHz-1%-THD-8ohms.png

pma

I have got very similar result when measuring THD vs. power recently, please see attached.

Tranquility Bass

Thank you for sharing. The measurements we did was THD + Noise so slightly different to your THD only measurements. Either way these amps are very good ;)

regards
David

pma

You are right, I like the THD and N components being separated. In my case, noise is 36 uV with 20Hz-22kHz bandwidth unweighted. At higher power above some 10W, THD plot is almost identical with THD+N plot with this amplifier.