Stereonet completely censors out Analog-Precision from its forum/search !

Started by Tranquility Bass, June 17, 2021, 12:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tranquility Bass

One astute reader contacted us recently and asked why there was nothing on stereonet about our products as he was interested to find out more and get some user feedback but told us that the forum search always produced no results when searching for 'Analog-Precision'? so we had to investigate this for ourselves. For those not familiar with stereonet it is nothing more than a glorified advertising platform masquerading as some kind of 'hifi community' with the members being used as its captive audience but it is anything but a hifi community with its draconian style of censorship and restrictions unless you are willing to pay the $$$ to have some of them removed :(

Anyway check it out. It seems the reader was onto something here with a search for 'Analog-Precision' yielding absolutely nothing. Maybe I have got the spelling wrong but I checked numerous times and each time it yields 0 results. So the plot thickens ;)

stereonet_AP_search.png

Perhaps it is not returning a result because there is nothing to find ? I told the reader who contacted me that they probably didn't find anything on stereonet because we have been blacklisted and the only thread that was specific to the Preamp has been completely removed by the owner of that forum, however I had the foresight to grab a copy of the thread before it disappeared and have provided a link at the end of this post where you can download it. The reason why this happened is that I believe the owner of that forum and one of its paying sponsors tried to undermine our business by attempting to siphon away prospective customers from us at a critical time of the pre-order for our 2nd generation Preamps. When I complained about it on this forum I received a very abrupt and threating PM from the owner of stereonet requesting that I remove a couple of statements which I refused to do and the rest is history ! Neither statements had anything to do with the underlying issue but more about the so called reputation of the owner of stereonet. 

You will also notice that we have not been added to their list of Australia made product websites even though we probably make one of the most sophisticated and technically advanced consumer audio products in Australia at the moment ! Apparently our website was added only for a very short period of time before it was pulled again ! Check it out analog-precision is missing in action !

Australian_Made_List.png

Perhaps they don't think we are worthy of any addition because in the owners own words we are just a bunch of 'hacks' struggling to get something to market whilst the owner of stereonet was hatching up plans with one of its paying sponsors to steal away prospective customers from us at a critical time ! And I am glad he agreed that our product works because I don't think he has ever created anything himself or understands how difficult it is !

Rushton bagging me on PM.bmp

Having said that, there are still some remnants and old posts that refer to our product or website on stereonet but we had to dig hard just to find one of them as the search engine has been crippled for anything to do with us !

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/310890-generic-dsp/?tab=comments#comment-4535353

stereonet_AP_post.png

To prove the forum search is not broken let's try some other search terms such as 'minidsp' which I believe is not a sponsor but gets plenty of free plugs every day and all day long. Go figure ! All 22 pages of search results which reference this particular brand !! Not bad for a vendor that doesn't pay a single cent of sponsorship !

stereonet_minidsp_search.png

For what it is worth I had the foresight to take a copy of the only thread about the Ultimate-Preamplifier Mk-1 before it had been completely removed and have made it available below as a pdf download below including the owner requesting that I apologize to him which he later retracted from that thread before he removed the thread altogether! I won't be apologizing to him for anything as he has a number of apologies to make to others before he seeks redemption for his own misdeeds.  Funnily enough I wasn't banned outright although I can still log on but not post or access the PM's but this was a while ago and I haven't checked since !!

Marc Rushton Wants an Apology.png 

Download link to deleted thread below:

screencapture-stereo-net-au-forums-topic-239319-analog-precision-ultimate-preamplifier-2021-02-14-21_49_37.pdf

Tranquility Bass

Ok i thought perhaps the search doesn't like the hyphen between analog and precision in my URL so just did a search for 'precision.com' and see what happens. So ch-precision.com is searchable but analog-precision.com is not. Someone with sour grapes here probably because I refused to pay my protection money :D

stereonet_precision_search.png

Tranquility Bass

We have split this thread up into two threads because we though the remaining posts deserved their own thread and rightfully so !! Click here to see the other thread

Tranquility Bass

More free plugs for another chinese branded non sponsored product - in fact 46 pages worth !! Try and get this much exposure on this forum if you are a local vendor without getting an email from the owner wanting you to cough up the $$$ ! I think not :( BTW starting fee is 2k a year and beyond that it varies from 1k a month to 5k a month unless of course you are a certain local amplifier manufacturer that gets a lifetime of free plugs from the mods :(  China-Hifi must be laughing all of the way to the bank thanks to stereonet. Ozzy ozzy ozzy - oi oi oi ! :D LOL

WillsentonR8.png

MichaelH

Rushton is an idiot. Directing all that traffic away from his own paying sponsors to a Chinese vendor. All for free. You better delete all those threads matey. You're good at censorship.

Well done you idiot.
Nothing to see here. Move along

Tranquility Bass

Check it out. You can get search results for "Analog-Precision" if you are willing to wait 1 minute and 23 seconds to find 14 results !! Now compare with a search for DEQX which is almost instantaneous with nearly 6000 search results and you get the picture. This sounds like a function of the forum software he is using that has intentionally been written in as a custom plugin or basic feature of the forum software. This is what happens in Australia when you don't pay your protection money. It's probably why John Dunlavy left Australia in the end :(

Analog-Precision Search.png

DEQX Search.png

Tranquility Bass

The plot thickens with the Stereonet search for 'analog-precision'. Some changes have obviously been made to the forum search and/or forum software. This time the search now instantly returns a result for analog-precision but only returns results with 'analog' or 'precision' and not the hyphenated word effectively making the search useless again.

Search 2.jpg

However you may have more luck with the google search engine trawling through the site. No doubt these threads will mysteriously disappear too because he wouldn't want people finding their way back here to read all of this ;)

Search Google.jpg

Tranquility Bass

The thread link I posted way back in this thread has now been edited and the following post removed on stereonet forum !

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/310890-generic-dsp/?tab=comments#comment-4535353

To prove this they still left behind someone else's post which requoted this post ;)

Search 3.jpg

Tranquility Bass

Did a search today and now get the same results as the google site search. The search results seems to change based on what is posted here :D LOL And it happens to be the threads that points to the diyaudio forum where I had problems with one customer. Funny about that. Everything else has been deleted !

Serach 4.jpg

Tranquility Bass

Check it out. Seems the stereonet website looks a bit more crippled than at first glance. Try finding all of the posts of a particular user from their profile and you can't seem to get past the first page of search results and it doesn't matter who it is either.

Search 7.jpg

However google is your friend here. Lets find all of the posts by user joz that also contains the brand 'elektra' which apparently is not an official sponsor. We enter the following "site:stereonet.com joz AND elektra" into the google search engine or simply enter it in the address bar and we find there are no end to the results. Not bad for someone who isn't a paid up sponsor ;)

Search 8.jpg

Tranquility Bass

Yep I must be an "educated RMIT hack" if I don't make gear that looks like this Trinnov !! Charging top dollar for a glorified PC in a stamped sheet metal case (which is not dissimilar to your cheap PC case) with some add-on boards. Are you serious !! They are very good here at importing all of this expensive "hi-end" junk and then sidelining the locals and relegating them to the unemployment scrap heaps. That they are very good at doing :(

MichaelH

A pile of pressed metal junk just like a cheap Chinese PC case. And they want $16000 for that! If a cat jumped on it, it would bend.

All very typical of Australian HiFi dealers and importers who contribute nothing to the Australian economy. These importers are nothing buy money exporters.
Nothing to see here. Move along

Tranquility Bass

The so called local Australian distributor of this brand of equipment didn't even have the decency to even phone me back after someone approached them on my behalf (and against my wishes too !) Instead the same distributor proceeds to promote the 2-channel versions of this same brand of equipment ! That's what working hard gets you in Australia. You don't even get a phone call back from a speaker company that prides itself on Australian made. No doubt the owner of stereonet had some negative contribution to this as well.

Even when I minded my own business and canvassed my wares on diyaudio I ended up being distracted by the local mobs and drawn into their vortex of deceit and which caused me nothing but trouble from the outset. ☹ Am I sour grapes ? Yes and no but for anyone reading this, just know what you are getting yourself into when you embark on a major electronics design project in this country. If anything focus on getting it overseas and do not be distracted by the local mobs ☹ Anyone reading this please don't make the same mistakes I did !