On the drawing board is our next Revision(D) of the main DSP board

Started by Tranquility Bass, March 01, 2022, 01:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tranquility Bass

On the drawing board is our next Revision(D) of the main DSP board which now features an upgraded ADC (Analog to Digital Converter) from the existing 24 bit TI part to the Flagship ES9822PRO 32 bit ESSTech ADC. The ES9822PRO ADC features ESS proprietary Hyperstream II ADC Architecture, which delivers unprecedented conversion performance and yields top notch specs of 124 dB DNR and -117 dB THD+Noise. The ES9822PRO has an Ultra-Low Noise Floor Bandwidth of 200kHz. This bandwidth is up to 10 times wider than the competition, enabling higher resolution at higher sampling rates and along with the ESS 8-channel ES9038PRO Sabre DAC and our own onboard FEMTO master clock providing infinitesimal jitter we are certain this should satisfy the most fastidious analog aficionados who are into vinyl or reel-to-reel playback ! 

DSPXO(REV-D).png

monotube

Looks like an excellent improvement! Will there be any other changes to the card?

MichaelH

Nothing to see here. Move along

Tranquility Bass

Quote from: monotube on March 05, 2022, 07:14:13 AM
Looks like an excellent improvement! Will there be any other changes to the card?

Mainly the ADC is the biggest upgrade otherwise everything else is the same ;)

cheers
david

yoke

Hi David,
Any plans for lower cost modular option ?

I'm building new pair of loudspekaers, active witn hypex mcXXXmp amplifiers.

For me, it would be great if I could place DSP inside loudspeaker cabinet.
So I would need two DSP boards, one for left and one for right channel ;)

Hypex have some 3 way DSP solution (FA series) but thay are not high end as yours.

Olso, it would be great to have some option for presets.
So that we dom't have to use audioweaver every time we would like to "hear" or compare two diferent setings...not to mention licence for it...;)

Any way, I know how much work and time you invest into those, thay are high end products but it would be great to hove something that is more affordable for "normal" diyer.

I think that now days active sistems are great solition as we have more and more good and low cost amplofiers and drivers but we are limited with DSP solution.

I belive that you know how to make good product, and maybe to produce raedy made main DSP boards with kit option (PCB with or without parts) for diy (power supply and output boards or so).

Sorry for bad english ;)

Best regards
Josip

Tranquility Bass

Quote from: yoke on April 24, 2022, 07:58:48 AM
Hi David,
Any plans for lower cost modular option ?

I'm building new pair of loudspekaers, active witn hypex mcXXXmp amplifiers.

For me, it would be great if I could place DSP inside loudspeaker cabinet.
So I would need two DSP boards, one for left and one for right channel ;)

Hypex have some 3 way DSP solution (FA series) but thay are not high end as yours.

Olso, it would be great to have some option for presets.
So that we dom't have to use audioweaver every time we would like to "hear" or compare two diferent setings...not to mention licence for it...;)

Any way, I know how much work and time you invest into those, thay are high end products but it would be great to hove something that is more affordable for "normal" diyer.

I think that now days active sistems are great solition as we have more and more good and low cost amplofiers and drivers but we are limited with DSP solution.

I belive that you know how to make good product, and maybe to produce raedy made main DSP boards with kit option (PCB with or without parts) for diy (power supply and output boards or so).

Sorry for bad english ;)

Best regards
Josip

Hi Josip

Yes I have plans for a very high cost option for an international speaker builder but not a low cost one at the moment.

Having said that, at one stage I did contemplate on moving manufacturing to China to take advantage of economies of scale and locality to produce a much lower cost Preamp but because of covid the plans were scuttled :(

I understand your need to switch different Audioweaver configs and many others have inquired about this ability but am not sure if DSP Concepts has implemented this ability yet.

It might be worth revisiting the DSP board offering again but have a single board solution where all of the connectors are mounted on the same board rather than scattered across multiple daughter boards but with a greatly reduced feature set.

Regards
David