Phono input

Started by monotube, June 17, 2020, 09:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monotube

Request for a switch to reverse polarity for the single LP

Request  to modify via software the gain of the first stage

Request  to modify the complete RIAA to an incomplete  RIAA without the 75μS (2122Hz) turnover frequency

Many thanks

Alberto

Tranquility Bass

Quote from: monotube on June 17, 2020, 09:37:40 PM

Request for a switch to reverse polarity for the single LP

Request  to modify via software the gain of the first stage

Request  to modify the complete RIAA to an incomplete  RIAA without the 75μS (2122Hz) turnover frequency

Many thanks

Alberto

Thanks Alberto

We can add those features and even have a user customizable RIAA curve as well as the industry standard ones ;)

cheers
david

Tranquility Bass

Ok got to spend some time updating the firmware so have incorporated the requested mods for the phono preamp.

[attachment id=1 msg=118]

monotube

David you are great! Many thanks!!!

MichaelH

Quote from: monotube on February 03, 2021, 07:53:40 PM
David you are great! Many thanks!!!

What speakers are you going to use on the UP mono?
Nothing to see here. Move along

monotube

It's a 4 way system diy high efficiency.( 108db except the two subs ) 100/700/4500 crossover points. Here an old image

MichaelH

Nice work mate they look spectacular.
Nothing to see here. Move along

monotube

Hello David,
is it possible to add via software different equalizations like Decca, Columbia etc?

Tranquility Bass

Quote from: monotube on February 21, 2023, 06:30:16 AM
Hello David,
is it possible to add via software different equalizations like Decca, Columbia etc?

Yes certainly will add all of these in the future.

regards
David

monotube

monotube

Do you think that the new eq will be ready for september, october?

Tranquility Bass

Quote from: monotube on July 03, 2023, 09:05:07 AM
Do you think that the new eq will be ready for september, october?

If all goes well I'm hoping to be setup again before the end of the year. At the moment can only do R&D which I have been busy with. :(

monotube

New request for phono input:
I have also a tonearm with mono cartridge with only one channel wired: is it possible to get the mono signal ( only one channel wired ) playing both the speakers?

Many thanks

Tranquility Bass

Quote from: monotube on September 27, 2023, 06:31:49 PM
New request for phono input:
I have also a tonearm with mono cartridge with only one channel wired: is it possible to get the mono signal ( only one channel wired ) playing both the speakers?

Many thanks

Yes I will add this to the menu in addition to a channel reversal switch that someone else asked for and was able to temporarily implement using Audioweaver. If you need help with this let me know ;)

Also we have found a new premises to operate from which is much bigger than where we were and we are working on some exciting new projects including a Special Edition of the UPP ;)

cheers
David

monotube